Old
11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Moving Gagner huh?

IATL, myself, and a few others proposed that this summer and were nearly internet murdered by the posters on this board.
Well apparently MacT feels the same way with the NTC and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
That makes too much sense, we are in panic mode now, we need to trade 1st overalls for physical 3rd liners!
It would be a start, if we got some guys that can actually occupy defensemen down low it would open up the ice for our skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Trading your second line centre who just signed a new contract and is three games or so back from a serious injury is pretty damn rash.
A 2nd line center that in my eyes at least is part of what's wrong with the team, small, weak, poor defensively, coasts back on defense, etc. Arcobello has shown us just how "valuable" Gagner is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
I question whether there is any market for Gagner out there. I suspect he was shopped this past off season. With the contract they gave him, he becomes very difficult ot unload.
I'd start by just moving him to the wing and put him in a position to succeed. Not sure why they couldn't have given him a conditioning stint in the AHL upon his return to get him back in shape first. His return has coincided with 2 losses at a 9-0 aggregate score.
If we can't move him then I'd definitely move him to the wing. That said I felt that MacT made a HUGE mistake signing him to that contract and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.