Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to Flames in OT 3-2
View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I’m not sure we want to have Q coach like a Torts and insist that our offensive stars block shots at every opportunity. Injury is inevitable playing that style. We want these guys to continue to do what has been successful…. And it is the reality of an 82 game schedule plus playoffs that the team is not going to play every game like it’s the finals. That said, I agree the team has become a tad complacent at times … especially against what is perceived to be weaker teams, but that is as much a product of the ridiculous workload of an NHL season as anything.

But if you want to ***** - what I absolutely hate is the defensive system Hawks employ that allows players to stand around and/or storm our crease area with little if any physical resistance, largely relying on stick work to get the job done…. I have for a few years in fact, but amazingly it has worked. So what can I say? I suppose part of Q’s philosophy is we stay out of the penalty box, and if our PP is right we punish the ops that way. Just hope Crawford can continue to avoid injury as I'm sure teams are well aware of our passive play around the blue paint.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote