What is your breaking point as a fan?
View Single Post
11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
I voted I bleed copper and blue .... and do. Am I upset with this team? You bet. I am going to try to take the game against Detroit (and the previous two) as positives.
- we started the season without RNH and Gags, top two centers.
- our bottom 6 is all new, save Smyth, who has been injured of late
- 2 of the starting 6 defence are new to us this season on any given night, Ference (who I think has been overhyped in terms of what he was going to bring), Belov (who most nights is a pleasant surprise, but now injured).... we really didn't add that much to the blue line
- organizational nepotism. Not to suggest that some of the players/management shouldn't necessarily be here its just that the prevailing thought is that our management is an old boys club (which it is) and are not necessarily here based upon merit but rather the relationships. Steve Smith, Buchberger...these guys have been here through the losing era and are constants, we need changes there to bring in new energy. Will Acton/ Keith Acton
- coaching changes every year, new systems, do they fit our players style of play? Does the style of play being implemented translate from the AHL to the NHL? Our PK and PP are brutal this year where it used to be a strength.
-where is the leadership? Say what you will about Horcoff but check out their record with/without him last year
- MacT actively, and overtly, searching for goaltending in the offseason, vote of confidence for Dubnyk How much pressure was on him coming in? Knowing the Oilers made a hard play for Schneider at the draft...DD was going to struggle out of the gate unless he couldn't read or hear
I expected a crap start, I am disappointed to be sure, but I expected it wouldn't be great. Of the first month, I believe 75% of our games were against teams that made the playoffs last year.
So we have hit rock bottom, good, we needed to. Expectations are now tempered, only one direction to go. I hope they quit feeling sorry for themselves, they quit sitting on excuses and just go and play.
Gets off soap box
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Slatsmsg