View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Whale Mingo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Your fanbase would have been just as pumped up if your team had as horrific a start as the Flyers have, were getting blown out, and finally showed some fight, either literal or on the scoreboard.

ANY fanbase would have been pumped. So you can and should drop the condescending "holier than thou" garbage. Especially since you belong to a fanbase that defended Matt Freaking Cooke, one of the dirtiest players in the league. Your **** stinks just as much as any other fanbase.
Not sure how I didn't see this until someone else quoted it, but I'd like to respond.

Probably fair to say first that I am not a fan of fighting in the game at all, period. I much prefer to watch the skill players do what only a few on the planet can. I'm probably a bit older than most here and got to grow up in the Gretzky/Lemieux era. Never once did I hope to see Gretzky get beat up or hurt, ever.

I watched the Pens get embarrassed during the ECF against the Bruins and never did I think it would be a good idea to just start a brawl and hope that changed things up, so your first point, while directed at an entire fanbase, is misplaced if aimed at me.

Secondly, you will never find anywhere that I defended the actions of Matt Cooke. Did I root for him when he tried to turn things around, sure, am I ever going to side with him over what happened to Marc Savard? Certainly not.

I would love for the NHL to get rid of fighting altogether. I know that is not gonna happen and there are gonna be scenes like what happened in this game or the Pens vs NYI a couple seasons ago.

My only point was I don't think you guys have "bad luck", you have a bad GM.

Here's hoping Downie is ok and gets back to playing sooner than later.

Whale Mingo is offline   Reply With Quote