View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm actually going there for an Orthopaedics massage seminar. It'll be over the weekend, probably starting at 9 am in Claremont. Is the morning traffic just as bad going to Claremont? I wanted to stay with a relative in LA but I'm not sure about the drive and whether I should stay in Claremont then just visit LA after the class.

I will definitely try a Mexican restaurant but I have pretty high standards. I lived in San Antonio for a few years so I don't know if LA can top them I'm lucky enough that the Kings will be at home too so I finally get to go to Staples Center.
Like onlyalad said, traffic shouldn't be an issue on the weekends. You might hit some slowdowns here and there but nothing like weekday traffic. Not to get all Californians on you but depending where your friend lives, you might be better off taking the 210 into Claremont. The 10 just sucks and I'd avoid it if possible. Claremont sits in between both freeways so if your friend lives north of downtown like in the Hollywood area or the valley, take the 134 east to the 210 east and vice versa.

El Cholo does have great margaritas and I don't really like margaritas but I find their food overrated and overpriced. Just my opinion which plenty will disagree with. The last few times I was there I felt like I was going to vomit when I left. I had the Sonoran enchilada which tasted good but was real heavy. I don't really have other suggestions on that since I'm more of a whiskey/beer guy. And yeah, the first time I went to New Mexico, I thought all their mexican food was weird but that is because it is New Mexican food not traditional mexican. Since going back, I've really started to like it. Like ceasar said, the food will probably be different than what you're used to eating in Texas but I've never been to San Antonio so I can't really say.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote