View Single Post
Old
11-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Toydarian

vCash: 500
To go along with DousedInOil, my preferred picks (I didn't follow prospects before the 2009 draft):

2009 Magnus Paajarvi
I remember he had been ranked 5th overall and was stoked he was available at 10th. Going into the draft, I was hoping EDM was going to pick Kulikov but thought they were going to select Gelennie if given the opportunity.

2010 Taylor Hall
I really hoped EDM was going to select Hall. At 31st I wanted Petrovic or Jarnkrok. I was also intrigued with McFarland but with one of the lower 2nd rd picks.

2011 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
I was nervous EDM was going to go with Couturier and was really happy with the final result. Going into the draft, I was hoping Scheiffele or McNeil would be available, nevertheless I was pleased with the Kelfbom selection. I was SHOCKED the Oilers didn't pick Jenner at 31, he seemed like a great character guy and a perfect fit.

2012 Nail Yakupov
I wasn't expecting that the Oilers would win the draft lottery and had the mindset "If Yakupov is available, you HAVE to pick him, if not go with Murray." I was really hoping for Samuelsson or Subban at 32, but it became pretty clear neither were going to be available, when EDM came to make their pick, I wanted Thrower.