View Single Post
Old
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
At times I think his skating is awful. But he is definitely hard nosed and is currently displaying a score at will ability - an intriguing sniper. His D is underwhelming just because he is slow to get there.

Very confusing prospect to me. Wasn't having the best year until these last few games. Has something clicked or is it circumstantial?
I've never thought of his skating as awful, he's one of the better skaters on the team, so maybe thats not saying much for the rest of the players!! But he can beat most guys in a foot race. He is the hardest hitter for Brandon, once again, Brandon is one of the softest teams in the league so he doesn't have much competition in the hit brigade. His weaknesses in my mind are taking a pass on the fly, and making sure his shot hits the net. As a 16 year old he was the best player on a terrible team. He has the most offensive talent on this team. He is a little undersized. He compares well to Matt Calvert, but bigger than Calvert. Has a motor that won't quit.
He was sat for the last 2 periods against Seattle for some lacksadasial defensive play, then not dressed against Portland, learning a lesson, and has responded with 2 back to back hat tricks.
He should be picked late 1st round through the 2nd round. Incidentally, he's a heck of a ball player as well.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote