View Single Post
Old
11-05-2013, 10:47 AM
dyzfunctioned

vCash: 500
I too wanted Jenner over Musil, but not really surprising we didn't pick Gibson.

Goalie development is so random - I mean out of current NHL starters, the only ones that are first round picks are Dubnyk, Luongo, Price, Rask, Ward, Fleury, Varlamov and Lehtonen? I might have missed one or two but the point stands.

Look at Frederik Andersen - drafted in the 7th round in the 2010 draft, went back into the draft and was drafted in the 3rd round and is now looking like a legit NHL goaltender.

But if we're looking at preferred picks over the years...

2009 - Was really happy with the MPS pick. In hindsight I probably would have preferred Kulikov but I thought MPS would be a stud. Liked the Lander pick but also really liked Tatar at the time.

2010 - Definitely wanted Hall and happy with how that pick has turned out. Also really liked the Marincin pick and still do. Martindale at the time looked really good so can't complain about that pick though Gudas would have been awesome. Honestly, I really liked these picks at the time and most of them still aren't bad.

2011 - Wanted RNH and was hoping Oleksiak would fall to us at 19th but was really happy Klefbom was around. Really wanted either Jenner or Victor Rask at the 31st pick and hated the Musil pick... still not happy with that one. Really liked the Perhonen pick at the time but man he went downhill fast.

2012 - Wanted Yakupov and that's who we picked but I hated the Moroz pick. When Finn was still on the board I thought we were crazy for not taking him. Wanted Bozon in the third but am happy with the Khaira pick so far.

2013 - I wanted us to take Nichuskin but I've been very happy with Nurse, we made the right pick there so far. I don't know why we traded down in this round as I would have loved to get Zykov, Hagg, Jarry, or Bowey but it's too early to see how this will play out. Liked the Russian picks though.

Last edited by dyzfunctioned: 11-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.