View Single Post
Old
11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Bryson

vCash: 500
Django Unchained - WOW just wow. What a movie! Vintage Tarantino. Great cinematography and that soundtrack, amazing! A++

The Lone Ranger - Was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Make some popcorn and enjoy the ride! Johnny Depp was wonderfully funny. Much better than his Jack Sparrow character who was barely tolerable in the first film, no idea why they have to make 5 movies of the same crap.

The Road(2009) starring the great Viggo Mortensein is a dark and bleak post apocalyptic movie about a man and his son and the realities of having to scavenge to survive in a non-forgiving world.
The Divide(2011) is about a group of people who manage to find refuge in a basement of an apartment complex during a nuclear fallout. Very Gruesome. Let's just say this movie makes The Road look like a disney movie in comparison.

Gran Torino - Can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood. This is one of those must watch movies.

End of Watch - Good movie about two beat cops in LA. Jake Gyllenhaal and his partner Michael Pena have great on screen chemistry.

Finished off Foreign Film week with Infernal Affairs and The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. This week is going to be a throwback to old childhood movies with the likes of The Goonies, The Monstersquad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Willow going on the playlist. Honorable mention to The Neverending Story, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Going to be fun watching these childhood classics again on the big screen in HD.

PS to fans of Oldboy, apparently the script of the remake has already been leaked and I've already read of some changes. I don't think this one is going to have quite the shock value which makes the original an instant classic. I don't usually go to the theaters but I think this is one I might have to catch on the big screen. Perhaps we can have a HFboards movie night?