11-05-2013, 01:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebranded Fan View Post
Reports: Texas hires Steve Patterson as athletic director

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...etic-director/

Wonder if their coach has a new dream....

Do have to say that I made fun of this situation when I heard he "turned it down" last week. Guess it was his.
I'm pretty pissed right now. If Patterson gives Mack Brown another year and Todd Graham takes the Devils bowling then that sets up the scenario where Graham goes to Texas. We're talking about the school with the largest athletic department budget in the nation here, so it's not like you say no. Hopefully Texas comes to its senses and fires Brown, then hires some big name that won't flame out quickly.

I hate the politics of college athletics. The big money programs continually suck the life away from their competitors. ASU is in a difficult position because they are an attractive job but not powerful enough to retain talent. I won't call Patterson a traitor but he did reportedly say no to Texas' initial offer. Guess money and boosters have a way of changing that.

Quote:
He is the third athletic director to leave ASU for a high-profile job at another school following Kevin White to Notre Dame in 2000 and Gene Smith to Ohio State in 2005.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote