Old
11-05-2013, 05:22 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Kolb
Reid traded the 1st round pick to Dallas (Anthony Spencer) and moved back to pick Kolb.
Kolb was a non-factor in Philly, an ok back up.
Kolb traded to AZ for DRC and a 2nd in 2012 (Vinny Curry)
DRC pretty much sucks and is not resigned. Signs with Denver as a FA.

Ultimately, the Eagles ended up with Vinny Curry for trading Kolb. A DE that looks like he can play, but considering Spencer's career as a DT, did it really make sense to not take Spencer in order to end up with Curry 5 years later?

Feely
Traded to Miami for a 2nd
That 2nd was either Reggie Brown or Matt McCoy, I can't find which 2nd rounder the Eagles got from Miami; however, neither of those players ever did anything here.

McNabb
Traded to WSH for 2nd and 4th round picks.
These picks turned into Nate Allen, Casey Matthew and DeMeco Ryans. Allen is barely able to play in the NFL, Matthews is a mediocre ST player at best and Ryans can play (keep in mind he was a known talent, not drafted by Reid).

Reid sucked at drafting and then blew the picks he was able to get teams to pay for below average QBs, and you think he's got a real talent?

I know this is more a reflection of Reid's drafting ability, and you're speaking of his ability to get decent picks for crap QBs; but, the end result is so bad that I can't give the guy credit for anything.
He was surely able to masquerade backups as future star QBs. If he hit on half the picks he'd acquired... oh boy!