View Single Post
Old
11-05-2013, 07:19 PM
HABS2DCUP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei79 View Post
I used to do the same. It would take me a lot of studying time and eventually netted me a 3.8/4 average in the first quarter/third of my diloma. But then, I tried something new, and got my best grades doing very few exercises. I would understand the problem, think about the procedure needed to solve it, and compare it with the answers. It cut my studying time by 80% and I went 4/4 through my last years. My benchmarks were the previous semesters exams, those were really the only time I would do exercises from start to finish.
Oh ok, so I think I do follow your strategy. What I do is I read through the solutions of the assigned problems to see if I know how to do the problem and the only time I actually attempt problems were past midterms/finals.

On a side note (I know this isn't a premed forum but...) do fourth year grades count? Im in my third year right now and after this semester I will be working for 8 months and so this is my last semester (with courses) during my third year. Since I will be applying this time next year, are fourth year grades important?

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote