View Single Post
Old
11-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
It's a twisted fiction, what Louis CK's life COULD look like. (I'm hoping he's not this poor helpless SOB in real life ) Pamela Adlon is one of the semi-recurring characters, but I won't tell you what role she plays, it'd spoil your viewing pleasure. Let's just say that this is NOT a sitcom and that character development is... unusual, to say the least. Things are rarely what you expect. It's one of those rare shows where you don't see the twists coming. The payoff is always rewarding.

I can rave about this show 'til tonight's game is over.
I just watched season 1 and a bit of season 2 of Louie. It's brilliant. I see that Louis is divorced in real life with 2 daughters and obviously the main ideas of the series are biographical.

There is so much truth to this show that at times it hurts. I feel empathy for his character, real empathy because I am familiar with his situation.

If you're a divorced father the scene where he's brushing his daughters teeth and she reveals thoughts on how she loves her parents , that's powerful gut wrenching stuff a single father can barely watch with dry eyes. How he recovered the scene with comedy is brilliant.

The funniest episode so far to me was the one with his mother making the surprise visit. Great acting.