View Single Post
Old
11-06-2013, 09:11 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
I can't understand the logic behind playing Subban less minutes because he makes mistakes, but keep playing Parros who cost the team some actual goals.

Yeah, I don't think that team is that good. And we shouldn't blame the injuries. Emelin is good, but he will never be a top 2 d-man with an impact on victories-defeats every night. Prust is very useful but still a bottom 6 player unable to score more than 5-7 goals a year. Moen is now a good 4th liner, nothing more. And Brière was an absolute non-factor when he was playing. So those injuries, while important, are not enough to justify the poor play we're seeing right now.

I was at the game yesterday, and I was amazed at how little the players move their feet when they're not in possession of the puck. When a hab d-man has the puck, all the others wait for a pass at fixed positions, without moving their feet. It's so easy for the opposite team to read the play, it's not even funny. And when a pass does reach a player, since he's not moving, the defenders have all the time in the world to position themselves. If it is not Subban or Markov who are able to move their bodies while doing a pass, the play dies instantly.