Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Leblanc and St-Pierre sent down
View Single Post
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You expected him to score a goal a game while playing on the 3rd/4th line ?

He showed more than Gionta, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, DD and all those AHL scrubs.
I didn't expect a PPG but a single, solitary point would have been nice in the 5 games he played. Considering he played the wing with 2 big bodies while Bourque scored a few and Eller being a decent centre to play with, I'd say he was given a very decent opportunity. It's not like he was playing the 4th line with White and Parros. He certainly didn't deserve to play on the top 2 lines so given the time and linemates he got, I would have expected more from a player who's plumetting down the depth chart as Bergevin told him.

Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I thought Leblanc was decent...although he was never really given much of an opportunity, I would liked to have seen him on the PK.

I still think people are way too severe in their evaluation of Leblanc, sure he'll never be a a big time scorer, but I think he can be a very good 2 way player at some point.

He still needs to get stronger to play his type of game though.
I didn't say he played bad or that he wasn't a decent prospect. He just seems to be one of those players who needs a change as the organization has clearly lost faith in him.

Personally, I'd like to have seen more compete and more drive in his play. See a player like Bournival who I think LL should have been playing like. Very similiar players but Bournival plays with a lot more energy and compete than does LL. As such, after starting the season on the 4th line, he earned his way up the roster.

That's why saying "he wasn't given an opportunity blah blah blah" is such a dumb arguement. Play hard and smart and you will EARN your opportunity. Obviously, this is something LL has not done and did not do in his most recent call up, depsite what some people say. If he did, he'd still be in the line up.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote