View Single Post
Old
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Well, at least from my experience, the red and blue have more trains than the other lines, plus they're the only 24/7 lines so you'll never have to worry about a very late night out drinking and finding you missed the last brown line train in the very early hours. For rush hour only though, all lines should be fine.

That being said, there has been a lot of construction on the south red the past few months, but sounds like they're almost done and that section of the track had gotten a lot better.

I'd suggest looking either a bit further north or amongst the near west side fairly close to the UIC campus. Don't have much experience beyond that, as the only time I lived in Chicago itself was with a very lucky and relatively cheap sublet in the Printer's Row neighborhood of the South Loop, but good luck finding a place in the Loop itself for under a grand. Maybe the presidential towers, where my brother lived for a year, which is just to the west of the river, but probably not many more options beyond that in the near Loop itself.

Someone from the city itself might have a better idea, though.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote