View Single Post
Old
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Bank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwangjing View Post
Do you think it's the same case for Norway?

Then you clarified what I already expected that both teams would probably get relegated. It's a shame.

I know this might ruin this thread a bit but I have another question on top of that.

If all Danish and Norwegian players never left the Danish/Norwegian league, do you think everyone would have reached their level of professionalism as they have today. Also do you think more player would have had the ability to develop more with better Danish/Norwegian players around them, or is the best way to go develop players through Germany, Finland and Sweden when they are "too good" for the Danish/Norwegian league?
I'm not confident enough to pass judgement over the Norwegian NT but I'd image it's quite similar. The difference between our two countries hockey culture seems very alike and it makes the fact that we seems to lose every time we meet up so much more pain full. Love/hate brother-thing

The Danish players at the NHL levels has actually in some cases played in the Danish League. Peter Regin and Jannik Hansen were both 1st line players in Herning and Rodovre before leaving for Timrå and WHL. But that was at an extremely young age. Frederik Andersen has to played several seasons in the Danish League. He was a bit older but I guess goalies take more time to develop. Point is - it can be done but far most of our top talent are better off going to Sweden in a young age to face better competition and training environments IMO. Valdemar who writes on this site to could properly answer better about talent development so I'll leave for him to confirm/discard what I've written so far. At the pro level our best players are no doubt better off going abroad even to the level of Allsvenskan it would seem. The competition, the money(And by extension of that, the time players can afford to put in to their training) the clubs can offer players in the Danish League is simply not up to the standards of NHL, AHL, Elitserien or even DEL. Don't think there's to many full time pros in the Danish League. Remember it being a big thing when Karvinen went full time in Rødovre some years ago. Don't know if he's still on full time although I doubt it. So going abroad gives the National Team better players. Until they become so good they'll go to North America. Then we can complain about us not making the Olympics and dream about the team we could put together... Aah sweet dreams

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote