Old
11-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Respectfully your rebuttal has not addressed my post at all ? Did HOMER miss wide open shots, not cover his guy, etc....We have been in MANY close games, we are not getting blown out of most games to where i certainly would step back and look at the GM, of Coach etc .
We currently have players who HOMER signed who have had their fare share of goals, assist etc, like Girioux, Hartnell, Voracek who at the moment have how many goals total ? If our " core " players were scoring we would be fine, no one blamed Homer when Girioux, Harts etc were lighting up the board..I learned during 20 years of military service to NEVER panick or overreact to things, and i see a helluva lot of knee jerk stuff going on here and the other team boards as well.........Pens fans wanted their coach fired , Bruins wanted their coaches head, Eagles fans wanted Andy's head as did i, but i never considered him a bad coach or a terrible coach etc .

If folks want Homer gone to change things, fire Lavy to change things i can understand that completely.........But the folks who say Homer is the worst GM, terrible GM , Lavy sucks as a coach etc etc is actually quite amusing to me considering some of the great things these guys have done in their careers .
Did Homer build a team full of players who are underperforming for the second straight year? I'm pretty sure he did. The coaching change is also at the heart of this issue by all accounts, and that falls squarely on Homer's head.

If it's all on the players, why did Clarke ever have to step aside? If it's all the players, why was Burke let go?

As for Pens fans wanting their coach fired, that isn't exactly a knee jerk reaction. That's a movement that has been slowly but steadily building for several seasons, so the opposite of knee jerk.

Reid was clearly done in Philly. He was out of ideas and needed a fresh start, as did the team (The Flyers are increasingly in the same situation). Don't forget that he inherited a roster in KC filled with some damned good players.

You seem to be seriously underestimating the importance of management and coaching. If they make the wrong decisions there isn't always a lot the players can do to make it work.