Thread: Left Wingers
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Pure LW'ers aren't very common, so there isn't an abundance out there. I can only think of a couple that would possibly fit.

Tier 1-

Fleischmann - Good hands, would fit nicely. Problem: cap space, makes 4.5M. More likely in the offseason. The package would have to be awfully sweet for Florida to take someone like Stoll or RR during the season. It would take one of our 3 prime prospects, I think. A steep price.

Michalek - If the Sens continue to struggle, I can see them moving him to shake things up. Would cost us a pick and a roster player, probably not a scrub either because they could get a 1st for him at the deadline. He's a rental, of course. Some salary would probably have to be shed either now or later to get enough room at the deadline.

Tier 2-

Raymond - Not my first choice, but may be worth a look. Wouldn't cost too much, and aren't the Leafs looking for defensmen? Dunno, he's streaky and might not do squat in our system, but at least he's a pure LW.

Foligno (Nick) - Decent hands, decent size, throws his body around, a very Kings-esque player. He could be had I think because Columbus still has a few holes to fill. Some salary would have to be going back. They don't need defensemen, I don't think.

I'm sure there are others, but that's who I can think of off the top of my head that may be available.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote