Thread: Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers: Pittsburgh, please.
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Mikos87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Pittsburgh is without Neal. That line-up is light without him. Teams in the west are better than Pittsburgh. They are a good team. Not much depth. Not a great team. If Malkin and Crosby aren't on their A games,they are an average team. Bennett has been out a while too. They were counting on him to provide secondary offense. The Rangers had a good win. It was against a team in the east.
It is pretty clear to me that this roster still needs tweaking as the Rangers do not fare against bigger tougher teams. I think the trend will continue versus teams in the Northeast with games versus MTL, Tor, Bos, and the remaining games against the heavier teams out west that are just dominating the Eastern teams vis a vis that hard forechecking up and down brand of hockey with guys with size and speed.

Rangers showed very little in terms of sustained forecheck and physical play against NJ, MTL, and PHI when those teams played what some refer to as Neanderthal hockey. Can't say a full 12 up front showed up to work in those games as guys needed to step up and raise their battle level.

Team is getting better however, and I think as long as the lineups play towards the Rangers strengths while making sure to match-up against the opposition then the wins should start coming in.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote