View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
I still personally don't like those two together. In Rockford (and R.P.I. and really... all his life), Pirri is the guy most often carrying the puck through the neutral zone and distributing it to others for scoring chances. Problem is, on a line with Kane, Kane is going to be the primary puck handler. (and rightfully so) So with Kane carrying the puck, Pirri is then required to be the guy driving the net hard, trying to find soft spots in the defense, or battling in front of the net. This is not the role he has been conditioned to play in Rockford, and really not a game he has the tools to play. He has a nice shot, but that is about it.

I feel both guys need a big forward on their lines (I.E. Saad, Bickell) to help them create space and another player (I.E. Hossa, Sharp) who can finish. But Pirri, to me in the games I've watched, looks like he's adapting (and in a way changing his style of play).. and right now he has to to stay up here. Even carrying the puck up the ice, he's trying to be mistake free, which is all he can be asked to do right now, until Q starts trusting him more to take those chances. For now though, I like where his mind is and as he learns, he's finding out a bit about himself, IMO.
What I am seeing is Pirri is finding open spaces for one timers on the PP and finding places to shoot in the slot when Kane gets it to him. I think he is adjusting just fine not being the sole distributor. And with that shot I would rather he shoot more!