View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think Eberle could be in play. He's the one part of the "core" up there that's kind of viewed as expendable because he doesn't have that "first overall" pedigree that RNH, Hall and Yakupov have. I'd prefer him to Yakupov as well. The money would be tough to figure out though.

Petry is very good player. Highly underrated. Still, we really need to find a offensive defender sooner or later. Petry isn't really that guy. I think Moore winds up as our own version of Petry, which is a heck of a find, but he's not going to be the catalyst on the man-advantage.
Well, I've never been one who thought we desperately need an offensive defender on the roster. We have enough all-around talent that it's just a matter of keeping a close watch on which D has the hot offensive hand an taking advantage of it. Like right now, that player is McDonagh. For me, Petry is about balancing our D group. And as I've said before, if we bring in a good RD before the end of the season, it means we can make a decision regarding Girardi that isn't "OMG we have no RD on the team! We HAVE to give G whatever he wants!"

I agree about Eberle being a guy more likely to move than Yakupov. The only problem, for me, is that Eberle has only really put up $6m numbers the one time. He's got very good 2nd line numbers outside of that one year. Yet, he'd be brought in here with the expectation of a 1st liner.