View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Savant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Gagner is still riding his "potential" several years into his career. He's a 50 point player who is undersized, and isn't fast enough to make up for it. Not a fan, especially given his new contract.

Mojo is a decent player, but I wouldn't trade MDZ straight across for him. Maybe if they sent Carrick back in the deal in addition to Mojo.
I think his contract is about market actually. I am not in love with Gagner by any means, but I think but was going to the general Edmonton theme. Gagner has his shortcomings (no pun intended) but he seems like the type who could raise his game in playoff situations so was projecting a bit there.

MDZ for Johansson + is actually what I had dreamed up when I thought of possible Del Zotto trades. You get a legit top six player with some upside that doesn't break the bank. Why not.

Dallas, Philly, Edmonton, Tampa, Washington, Jersey, Florida, Calgary and Winnipeg were teams mentioned earlier for possible Del Zotto trades.

I would add Colorado and Minnesota but they probably don't want to shake anything up necessarily.

Philly, Jersey and Washington are all in division so its gets hairy.

Edmonton we have talked about at length.

Dallas and Tampa seem like they would be more interested in Girardi.

Florida and Calgary seem really tough to match up with talent wise.

Winnipeg could work, but it seems any deal would be based around Del Zotto for Byfuglien which I would probably be okay with. Not sure Del Zotto gets us near Kane, Ladd or Wheeler.

Luckily the team is doing better so they don;t need to rush into anything but it would be prudent to keep your eyes out.