Thread: Goalies: Goalies and Practice
View Single Post
11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by View Post
If that is the case, then your son is in a good program. IMO this is not the norm.
I just figured it was the way things are done "nowadays"... I know back when I played minor hockey in a very small town with a small association things were much more "shooting gallery" and swarm-the-goalie like others are describing (but I was never a goalie, so it was all good ).

But everything is so much more organized and larger scale in every respect now with my son in a bigger city and association, I figured most places did the same thing "nowadays". Or at least in bigger population centers. Just having a designated goalie coach on every Novice house league team seemed surprising to me at first, but now just seems normal. They have a monthly session at a local hockey school where it's just goalies on the ice too. Pre-game warmups might be a different story, but those are just 3 mins, and my son has learned to just do his thing and not put too much energy into trying to withstand any warmup puck swarms.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote