View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Savant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
In that they both needed more time on the AHL. Outside if that not really, Miller is more engaged and has probably played better all around than Kreider did last year. Miller is making poor decisions with the puck, he's decent away from it. He tried to dangle instead of make a play two or three times last night. He wants the puck and wants to score top get himself going, but should probably just sick to the basics and let it come. I like how writers have been throwing his name around like he's trade fodder. For Yakupov maybe, but he's worth keeping. Kid could be very good for us in the future.
More along the lines of they both need time to find their games at the NHL level. Kreider is finally playing loose and unafraid to make mistakes which incur Torts' wrath. Miller does not want to be yo-yo'ed so it really feels like he is trying too hard to justify being on the NHL roster instead of being simple and playing his game, which while it needs refinement, is probably too good for Hartford. He is probably frustrated he is behind guys like Pyatt and possibly Mashinter on the depth chart (not that I blame him), but I really believe in JT Miller. I just think he needs to find himself a bit.