View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
Went to the game last night here against the Victoria Royals.

Kind of a snoozer as the Oil Kings outclassed them in every way.

Lazar is just special. Guy is ALWAYS in the middle of the play, whether breaking up plays in his own end, mixing it up physically with hits or grinding along the boards, or creating opportunities.

Moroz was extremely disappointing. The guy was mostly invisible except when he was playing recklessly and he took 1 or 2 totally stupid penalties and deserved another 2-3. Didn't create offense, didn't play much of anything resembling defense, and always seemed to be out of position. 2 or 3 times he cut to the net with or without the puck and created chances that way, but basically only because he's so big and physically mature. He's essentially pre-concussion Ben Eager, to my eyes. All the tools and a 5 cent brain. I just didn't see any hockey acumen.

Another player who REALLY impressed me was Dysin Mayo. He'll be drafted this year and if he keeps playing like that, I'd expect him to be a second rounder (he isn't big enough and doesn't put up enough points to go higher, IMO). A bit undersized but a great skater, extremely smart pinches and plays to retain or regain puck possession against bigger players. Must've broken up 10+ passes in his own zone, created lots of opportunities on offense, and was the most reliable defender on the team.

I get that Reinhart is the captain and has long been a good player for them, but I've seen him play 3-4 times now and I've never understood why he was taken so highly by NYI. Aside from being good in his own zone, he doesn't really do much else. Why would you spend a top-10 pick on a predominantly stay-at-home guy?

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote