View Single Post
Old
11-07-2013, 06:12 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
It is calculated with the average of all the classes of a course with the same teacher. So in your example, it would be the average of all the averages of psychology classes with your teacher only.

The only program that gives an R score that I know of is ''Sciences Lettres et Art '' (gives 0.5 +). I don't know about yours.

If you have any questions about R scores don't hesistate.
Not sure you'll understand what I'm trying to say, but I'll try to articulate it as well as I can lol

I know for a fact that @ Dawson, some programs assign you classes with the same people. In my case, for my Economics, Business, Psychology & Calculus class, we're all the same people & all in commerce.

First of all, how do CEGEP's chose which teachers have which classes? Do they pair "hard" programs with "weaker" programs? Example: My commerce program class avg is 89% in psychology, but our teacher said that her "Psychology profile students" have a way lower average than us. Do they just assign teachers to random classes? Or do they actually try to balance it out by assigning teachers one group with students from a "harder" program (Example in pure and applied sciences), and another group with students that are, for the most part, in a "weaker" program in order to balance out the average?

Next thing is,which R Score do the universities look at? The average of all of your R Scores at the end of each semester? Or the latest one available to them?

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 11-07-2013 at 06:22 PM.