View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Because it's a new coach with a brand new system who had to undo a ton of damage under Tortorella who almost destroyed the career of Krieder, smothered the offensive talents of almost everyone on the team, and worked them into the ground

Because that's what fans do. Criticism is expected but what we saw around here for the first month was totally uncalled for. And what the org has done - how about throw as much money as possible towards free agents and not penny pinch. That was definitely misguided but in the past 3 years or so Slats has worked his ass off to get smart trades done to make this team better. Guy gets no credit and no respect for the moves he's made. All you heard around here was the team has no talent and no identity. The talent thing is a ridiculous comment, and the identity thing - well that comes with the coach and we're well on our way.

But above all, I don't see how you can excuse anyone who doubted Lunqvist the way they did, they should not be calling themselves Ranger fans
I think the fundamental difference is that some people have legitimate expectations for success from this franchise. We want another cup.

Step outside of your little bubble and take a look at the rest of the league, then tell me if this Ranger team stacks up.

Right now, they are earmarked for battling for the 5-8th seed, and maybe winning a round in the playoffs. A typical Ranger season -- you seem to be happy with that. Im not.