View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Adam Warlock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Stand pat.

I am always reluctant to do a rebuild, and I don't think it is likely to be accomplished in the two years noted in the poll. Plus when you get into rebuild mode, you have to be prepared for the reality sometimes rebuilds don't work for a VERY long time, if at all, even with high picks. (see: Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York Islanders, Edmonton Oilers). I'd gladly suck for the next ten years to win Cups like Pitt and Chicago did, but that payoff is not guaranteed by any means and could simply mean ten years of sucking, then ten years of mediocrity, then ten years of what we have had recently (mediocrity...but still some good runs).

Firing Homer won't really do much. Hextall is here and is obviously the next in line. Putting him in charge today vs. at season's end is not going to make a difference. Give Homer until the deadline to try and right the ship.

Stripping Giroux of the C is absolutely ridiculous. That will do 100% nothing. I don't understand the thinking behind that idea. "Our best player and face of the franchise for the next decade is off to a slow start...STRIP THE C! THAT WILL MAKE HIM BETTER AND NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT ON HIM OR THE TEAM AT ALL!" And Homer is the one who makes pointless, rash decisions. Come on.

I'm not opposed to benching stars, but I don't think it will do much. If Berube does it, great. But I don't think that is the answer.

Trading youth for youth is not something I do would do either, unless it is an overpayment. I like the guys we have, and unless we can get better guys, stick with what we have. A lateral move doesn't help us. Just gives more fuel to the "OMG LOOK HOW DUMB HOMER IS" fire.
I kind of agree with this. They already used their nuclear option...using it twice in 3 years will just set this organization back. For whatever reason, this has become a toxic organization to play for...and I think some of that is because of the quick trigger of the GM. G has looked really off lately, on and off the ice...and I dont doubt in the back of his mind he is thinking "ok, when am i being traded"? They need to get away from the quick cuts and show some faith in the players they made commitments too. I also dont wanna see these guys go have success elsewhere and deal with the "why did we trade them even though we wanted to trade them" aftermath.

Scratch some of the stars. I honestly think if G was scratched for a game the team would respond well to it. Berube also needs to think outside the box a little. I like that they had a players only meeting.

If they do make a trade, they should move a Dman and maybe either Hartnell or Simmonds for an upgrade at forward. Nothing to blow up the team, just to jump start it.

If they are out of it by the deadline, then I make the GM switch so Hextall can be in charge of the selling at the deadline.

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote