View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextallent63 View Post
With the replacement of Lavy and his system and the overall bad play going back to last year, am I wrong in thinking that part of the teams problem is that they are being over coached? To me the more games that go by this season everything we are doing in the offensive zone including the transition game in the neutral zone and our power play (lining up on the line and dishing it back to G ) is pre-meditated and extremely predictable. The lack of creativity and spontaneity on offense is infuriating, to me at least. Part of me wants Berube to tell the team to keep doing what they are doing defense wise and just let the offense go. Is this league too good for a team to be successful in the offensive zone with an outlook like that? Are the flyers not talented enough to try something like that ? Can it really get any worse than it is? Something has to be done. The problem with this team needs to be addressed and removed, and replaced with something that works and im not talking about Snyder, Im talking about the team on the ice and they way they are playing.
They certainly need more creativity but I think it's execution. Last night they had a clean 3 on 2. the RW had the LW wide open in the slot, as the C took the RD to the net. Great play, except the RW held onto the puck for split second too long and the LD reached out and deflected the pass out of the zone. Could easily have been a prime scoring chance.

Couts had a great shot in the slot deflected by the D because he held it momentarily instead of one-timing it.

There is a time for patience with the puck and a time to get rid of quickly and not telegraph.

They are so tight they are holding on at the wrong times instead of firing away.

Missing the net is huge too. Rinaldo had a 2 on 1, the D laid down so he did the right thing and shot, but wide. No rebound, puck rings around and out.

Some basic execution of simple give and gos, 3 on 2s, etc. would go a long way to helping the O.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote