View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...althy-scratch/

“You can practice all you want, but at the end of the day it’s about playing the games and showing up and doing the right things and just being a professional about it,” Tootoo said. “For me, (expletive), you can only get bag-skated so much and mentally it’s (expletive), it’s straining, it’s frustrating.”

“When you get shut down and told you’re not playing, it (expletive) burns,” Tootoo said. “After doing everything right, it just (expletive). … I’m (ticked) off because I’m not able to do what I love to do and that’s playing the game.”
So it sounds like a guy who was frustrated. Let's think about the circumstances around the situation. Play hard all year to help the team be in the playoffs and be a favorite on top of it. The team goes out and acquires guys at the deadline to take your spot on the roster of a team you helped get to that point in the season. Then get sat in the playoffs for 2 guys who put themselves above the team and stayed out past curfew. I think I'd be pretty ticked if I did everything the coach asked me to do too. If I gave my all to the team to be replaced by guys who weren't there all year busting their tails and then I'm told, hey, we're going to play these new guys, thanks for all the hard work but these guys are going to help us achieve are end goals, you bet I'd say something. People can look at it as he's being childish or it could've been handled differently but not knowing what was going on behind closed doors we come to our own conclusions without all the facts. From what his quotes are plus seeing what happened from this side of it, I have no qualms about what he said. Others obviously see it differently. I still think we miss his type of grit and being able to protect his teammates from dirty play. You think Tootoo would've let Downie walk away from him on the ice? What about McGinn? I bet neither do that with him on the bench or on the ice. The grit and sandpaper we added certainly didn't stop it happening to Jones this time in Colorado.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote