Holmgren DOESN'T deserve to get fired
View Single Post
11-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Provolone & The Neck
Join Date: Sep 2009
Originally Posted by
It is that lopsided though. I'm still way too hungover (Thanks Flyers for making me drink Evan Williams, what swill that **** is) to put in the effort to make a list, but it's pretty much accepted common knowledge that we bled the prospect pool dry by trading away young guys and picks for a long time to go for the quick, often temporary fix. That practice only stopped after the team was blown up.
Oops, forgot to respond to this...
I still think my hypothesis will be proven accurate. Yes more picks/prospects were dealt, but the picks/prospects we got in return are more valuable than the ones we traded away (plus the actual return we got for some of the picks/prospects had some nice impact as well).
Originally Posted by
Really? How about we ask for a well researched piece that isn't full of errors?
Meh. I'm not really looking for their analysis on the issue, just a list of the deals.
Here's a start (courtesy of a friend of mine):
- 1st rounder (John Carlson) for Steve Eminger
- 2nd rounder to LA to get rid of Gauthier
- Upshall and 2nd rounder (Lucas Lessio) to Phoenix for Carcillo – To save $300k in cap space
- Lupul, Sbisa, two first rounders (Emersen Etem and John Moore) for Pronger – Signed Pronger to maybe the dumbest contract ever
- Gagne as a salary dump to TB for Matt Walker and a 4th (Noebels) – Noebels at least has a little potential
- 2nd round pick (Colton Sissons) for Mezaros
- 1st rounder (Stuart Percy) and 3rd Rounder (Josh Leivo) for Kris Versteeg
- 2 3rd round picks (Oscar Sundqvist and Harrison Ruopp) for rights to the Cosmonaut – How did that work out? 2nd dumbest contract ever
- 2nd rounder (Devin Shore) and 3rd rounder for Grossman
- 2nd rounder and 4th rounder for Pavel Kubina (rental)
- Bob for 2nd rounder (Stolarz) and two 4th rounders (Taylor Leier) other 4th was moved (Justin Auger)
That's not really what I'm talking about. You can go to Flyershistory.net and see every single trade. I'm looking more for a breakdown of draft picks and prospects that were traded, kind of like how I was doing, but more organized. Then someone can go back and look at the larger deals that the picks/prospects were a part of and go from there. Just listing the trades doesn't really do much.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DrinkFightFlyers