View Single Post
Old
01-20-2004, 11:07 PM
bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
and the canucks are going to have a tough time getting ANY player for fedorov.
Indeed. His trade value is not very good at all, as the Canucks are looking to unload him (a major cause in lowering his trade value), he has attitude problems and doesn't get along with Canucks management and he hasn't proven squat, really. He's gotten hot a few times here and there in the minors and shows the odd flashes of skill, but is it enough to get us very much for him? No.

I think that it's possible that we could get a similar player to Fedorov who is in a similar situation - but how many prospects or players fit in that description? Not that many. A draft pick is an option, but I can't see us getting a very good one. I'd rather get a player who, like Fedorov, has some issues with his game and is on the outs with his team and cross my fingers and hope for the best. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't. That's the risk that we will have to take.

But I see no reason why we should keep Fedorov. He can't get along with management or Stan Smyl, he just shows flashes of skill, doesn't have much work ethic or a great attitude. I say we trade this kid while we can get something for him.