Thread: Ribeiro Watch
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
The playoffs race has began since the first game of the season... You know my opinion about Ribeiro... This summer I were saying that we were finnally going to have a decent second line center in Ribeiro and that would be a major improvement over Perreault (To me Perreault was the worst second line center in the entire league)...

Happy that you finnally open your eyes about him, this kid play a smart overall game, is involved in the play and is a terrific playmaker! He sure have some big flaws (lack of strenght and speed) but he play with a high level of determination, can fight for the puck along the board and is always well positionned on the ice!
I don't think its about opening ones eyes, its being cautiously optimistic. EVERYONE knew Ribeiro had the skills and potential, it was just prior to this year which is just half over, he had shown little of what you mentioned.

Mike8 is right, the stretch run and playoffs are what separates men from boys. Ribeiro has done an excellent job so far, but again, its only half a season.

I to look forward to see how he responds, I believe he might and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he still must prove his worth on a higher stage, first off which is the grueling stretch run.