View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
There is another centreman. Galchenyuk. But he really can't be used there until the other top lines are getting points consistently.

The offense has been abysmal recently. Until this changes, I guess we can only hope Price continues to play well.
That's what I said. As much as I'd love Galchenyuk to play regular minutes at center. We saw in the game against St. Louis that the Habs can't roll with only 3 centermen (being Plekanec, Eller, and Galchenyuk). However, I'd be more than willing to have Galchenyuk develop at center for the next year or two and have him grow there (even with the mistakes that will come). Those minutes will be of much greater value to the Habs than having Desharnais playing that much time.

So, for the fourth line spot, Desharnais is still the least bad option the Habs have at this moment. Hopefully he gets his game back on track. On average players perform worse in the first year of a new contract, just like they tend to overperform in the last year of a contract. Hopefully, he does like Plekanec and comes back strong before long.