View Single Post
Old
11-08-2013, 10:54 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
That's what I said. As much as I'd love Galchenyuk to play regular minutes at center. We saw in the game against St. Louis that the Habs can't roll with only 3 centermen (being Plekanec, Eller, and Galchenyuk). However, I'd be more than willing to have Galchenyuk develop at center for the next year or two and have him grow there (even with the mistakes that will come). Those minutes will be of much greater value to the Habs than having Desharnais playing that much time.

So, for the fourth line spot, Desharnais is still the least bad option the Habs have at this moment. Hopefully he gets his game back on track. On average players perform worse in the first year of a new contract, just like they tend to overperform in the last year of a contract. Hopefully, he does like Plekanec and comes back strong before long.
The problem is that DD can't ever work on a 4th line. He has absolutely no 2 way play. I'd give him 40 games and if there is no improvement, waive him. If no one picks him up and we're playoff bound, just buy him out if a 5th rounder can't be had.

LeBlanc is really working. Since he was sent down, 8 points in 4 games.

Huge improvement over last year. Hopefully he can play bottom six. This allows either Moen or Prust to move up when necessary.