View Single Post
11-09-2013, 10:54 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I have a feeling there will be a trade sometime in the next few days. I don't know why people expected a trade yesterday between Philly and Edmonton when they were going to be playing each other today. They wouldn't make a trade so that each player had to immediately play against their former team a few hours later with zero practice with their new team...
travel is one reason. The player immediately joins his new team without any worries. There is also a chance that if both teams are talking to each other about trades they'd prefer to do it before they play to risk the chance of players in the talks being injured.

The opposing side is that it gives the GM an opportunity to see first hand how a player they are targetting responds to certain situations by having the coach of your team challenge the player by certain plays/style.

Of course that is pretty theoretical and given the implementation and abilitiy of the head coaches of both teams involved I doubt they'd be able to pull any of that off.

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote