View Single Post
Old
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
I think a lot of our college guys flying completely under the radar simply has to do with what colleges they're playing for. Obviously that doesn't account for Rust, but how many people out there actually watch Nebraska-Omaha, Minnesota State, UMass-Lowell, etc. games? If Blueger played on Minnesota instead of Minnesota State I'm sure he'd be on more people's radar.

The scouts know these, but the amateur scouts that hang out around HFBoards aren't going to see these guys unless they specifically seek them out...and that's an easy way to fall off someone's radar...especially when they're getting drafted out of these small leagues and high schools where nobody even knows these guys existed until they got drafted.

Hell, I have to admit that part of the reason I've stopped doing my pre-draft research is that I just assume I'm going to know maybe one of our round 2-7 picks because, let's be honest here, it's more difficult to get tape of the Salisbury Crimson Knights than it is the Edmonton Oil Kings.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif