View Single Post
Old
11-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Here's a definition that most closely resembles what Drew and BRB think objectivity is, however they get the first half of it but not the second:

Drew thinks that because BRB and he are fans by being negative they're not being influenced by personal feelings. However they both forget the part about "representing facts". "The Rangers suck" is not a fact, it's an opinion.

BTW, I completely disagree with Drew and BRB's personal feelings not influencing their opinions too. Their feelings are completely influenced, just like the positive HFers. Except their feelings are negative, they see everything in a negative light as opposed to a positive light. Their hatred for Sather, if anything removes any pretense for not having personal feelings involved. When a team starts a season 2-6 and goes 6-2 the rest of the way to an 8-8 record and you only look at the poor injury riddled start with a team was learning a new system, it tells me that BRB is definitely letting his feelings dictate his "objective" opinions. When you ignore half the sample size to make your case, you CLEARLY have an agenda.
Everybody is influenced by personal feelings to a degree. When I state my opinion that this team as presently constructed isn't talented, big and tough enough to win a cup, that's just my opinion based on what I see which doesn't mean that opinion is being influenced by negative feelings.

When someone posts "that there are only 7-8 centers in the league that he would take over Derek Stepan" and another fan posts that "if McDonagh reaches 50 points this season, he is then a top 5 defenseman" , those are two posts that are affected by the fans positivity and blind loyalty to the team which, by the way, doesn't in any way, shape or form make them better Ranger's fans.

My opinions may be tinged with negativity and cynicism but that doesn't mean I don't love the team that I have been a fan of for over 50 years and it doesn't mean that I can't separate reality from perception.