Thread: Prospects?
View Single Post
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
In Dean We Trust
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I didn't mean anything by it, just mentioning that you've been giving him props this year, and I remember a couple season ago you and I debated whether Weal or Andreoff had the inside track to make the Kings, we both overestimated our sides, but I think Weal's stock, from a Kings standpoint, has been stagnant. He may have raised his trade value, which is good, but I don't think the organization considers him any better of an option over players that have been above him over that time and even today.

You're not wrong, he deserves praise for his play and has been very effective in the AHL; however, I disagree about his size and build not hurting his chances at becoming a NHL player, especially with us. In that Ducks preseason prospects game, I remember him getting slapped around quite a few times. He fought through it and made some good plays and reads, but he looked like he was a couple of years younger than everyone else in terms of physicality.

You know the Kings like the rest of us. He may be a good hockey player, and may have success in the NHL, but it won't be with the Kings because his size does hurt his chances with this organization. With the players we have on the roster now, and players such as Vey, Shore, and Andreoff coming up, there is just no room for a player of his stature on this team no matter how productive he is. Reminds me of Kozun's situation over the years. It should also remind you of Loktionov's as well...

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote