View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 01:25 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I think a lot of our college guys flying completely under the radar simply has to do with what colleges they're playing for. Obviously that doesn't account for Rust, but how many people out there actually watch Nebraska-Omaha, Minnesota State, UMass-Lowell, etc. games? If Blueger played on Minnesota instead of Minnesota State I'm sure he'd be on more people's radar.
This is something I've been thinking about. It's kind of relevant to some of the debates about the Penguins' prospect pool, since so many of their forward prospects are still in college. It seems like in general there's more interest in a guy like Zlobin or Sundqvist than Archibald or Rust. I think college prospects in general tend to get lost in the shuffle a bit, regardless of their program's prestige. A guy having a really solid college career just isn't as sexy as a guy who's doing well in the Canadian juniors or European pro leagues. I figure it's pretty much down to the fact that it's really easy to overlook guys who typically are off limits for four years after they're draft.