View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Devil Dancer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That's my point. Coaching is nice, trying to get guys to buy into a system is also nice. If you're center is smoking a pack a day and your #1 Dman has a Munchie Meal in his stomach you're better off embracing what rec league hockey is=organized chaos.
Agreed, but playing with the same group of people over a long period of time can help add some organization to that chaos. I play on 4 teams at different levels, and the key to success as a forward seems to be to learn your teammates tendencies, strengths and weaknesses. For example, just knowing whether the LD I'm playing with will follow me into the zone (I'm a LW) so I can give him a drop pass makes a huge difference. Instinctively knowing whether my RW is a leftie or rightie also makes a huge difference, as it shaves milliseconds off of my decision-making process.

I haven't seen beer league teams have a lot of success running set plays, but I have seen them being successful by being able to predict what their teammates are doing and acting appropriately.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote