View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Prospector74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Its so weird to me. Last offseason we are offering Parise and Suter the most money to take us to the cup, less then a year later we are trading Pominville to play with Parise and Suter and embracing a rebuild. lol.

I feel like I am in a bad relationship but we cant breakup.
It is a drastic change to say the least; however, I am glad that we at least seem to have a plan (and I agree with the assessment that the previous core group of players wasn't going to get the job done). We are still missing a superstar and that previous core group without a superstar wasn't going to win a cup AND no matter how much money we offer we can't seem to get one through FA. So hopefully that is what we get out of the 2014 draft in an alternate approach. We have a couple potential future stars on D but we haven't had one at forward since the days of Patty La and Mogilny. So hopefully we get a F star through the draft and can add the complementary pieces through FA instead of complimentary pieces through the draft and no star pieces through FA we've been doing for the past 9 years.

Last edited by Prospector74: 11-10-2013 at 11:54 AM.