View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 01:12 PM
flybynite77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I dunno, I've got to think that Hawes will do his disappearing act soon and that Turner won't shoot over 50% all season. I also don't think that the Nuggets are that bad and they should get Gallinari back at some point.

Plus I think that some combination of Turner, Hawes and Thad will be traded during the year. We can make a run at the #1 pick before it's all over.
If Turner continues to not settle for outside shots like he did during his first couple years and instead continues to penetrate and get to the foul line or take medium range jumpers I think he can continue to have a high shooting %.

The problem with trading him is what do you get? I think you'd have to look to trade him to a contending team because Evan Turner is a FA after the season. A rebuilding team isn't going to give up assets because he can't be offered a contract until the off-season and they don't even get his bird rights so there's no real advantage for that type of team to get Turner and give up assets.

I don't trust ET enough to re-sign him this off-season so I wouldn't see a problem getting simply a 1st round pick in the 18 to 30 range from a contending team.