View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Same thing that happened to the rest of his game--he got put on the right side. Throwing a monster hit can take you out of position. You can only really do it if A- you are comfortable with your positioning or B- if you have a partner that will cover for you. MDZ still seems so lost on the right side, and Moore, while he does a lot of things well, is not going to give him the same defensive help that a guy like Staal or Sauer would (MDZ's partners when he was throwing many of those hits--he threw them his rookie year as well, but he really had no idea of where he was supposed to be in the first place back then).

I honestly want a reporter to ask them what their long term plan is for MDZ on the right side. It's been tried now for parts of two seasons with two different coaches and it has never looked good.

As for McD and the hitting, I hope he just keeps focusing on the offense this year. He's doing VERY well incorporating more attack to his game. Once he's comfortable with that, then let him bring in the wrecking ball style (though with McI on the way, he might not even need to--I'd rather him not risk injury. McD's too important).
Agreed.

Moore's just not a very good defenseman at this point as well (he is still outplaying MDZ though). I think his age and skating ability have deceived people a little bit. There are plenty of players that step in at a young age and just don't improve a whole lot; we've just been very fortunate the last 7 or 8 years in developing young defensemen (Tyutin, Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, MDZ, Sauer) and turning trash into treasure (Roszival, Malik, Stralman, Eminger to an extent).

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote