View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 02:51 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yup, like you suggest Desharnais was a detriment to the rest of the lineup for years now as he forced other lines to cover for him. That's why I didn't want him on the team even when he was putting up points. The negatives outweigh the positive even if he goes 0.5 points/game. Now he's not even producing that and it adds double the responsibility on top 6 since they have to not only shudown top 6 but produce all the offense. I don't think it's a coincidence the Habs offense is a joke this season now that the bottom 6 is a joke.

I think the difference is Eller's sharing D role more evenly with Plekanec and getting matched up against 1st lines too. He's still pushing puck possession but production not there yet.

I think Habs are doomed this season if they stay the course. Habs need 3 lines that can be decent and a 4th line that isn't auto-goal against. I'd try:

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Briere - Bourque
Moen - Desharnais - White/Dumont (Prust when he returns)

Hope to god Briere can be a scrub 0.5 points/game soft min C + vet C mentor for Galchenyuk. 3 potentially decent lines.
Great Post. Almost identical to my ideal lines. Maybe switch Around Briere/Galchenyuk/Bourque depending on who is playing better at center. Maybe switch Maxpac and Bournival, but either way it looks good.

And yeah, the Egg line has been playing very well, just not converting. Last game, Eller set Galchneyuk up on the doorstep twice and nothing came of it. The offensive will come, I'm not worried.