Thread: Ribeiro Watch
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
71 points is the best season of Koivu , he had 45, 56,57,44 21, 47, 2, and 71 points seasons.He took 50 games to made his 56 points season .So , finally , because of the injuries , it's really not a lot of points;nothing to bring a team in the playoffs
Please not another Koivu vs Ribeiro thread, we've been at this so many times its not funny. Can't we just accept the fact we've got a very talented 1-2 punch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
I did not intend to say Ribs was gritty. I believe he is "less soft" than some posters think. I think we're saying the same thing. As for talent he does lead the team in scoring and has a + rating.
Understood .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
Not really my point. If we keep Koivu (we will I am sure of it, forget all the "trade Koivu for Peca" crap...), he will be the second line center for us. Koivu is a better overall player then Rib. That what I want to say. Does Rib can be a first line center for another team? Probably. Do I want to trade Koivu to have Rib as a first line? Hell no, we are in better shape with both of them in the line up, as we are a hell of a better team with the Theo-Garon 1-2 punch in the net.
Alright , We'll be Ok on the first two lines if Koivu remains healthy and Ribeiro continues to work hard to correct his flaws. All we need now is add some toughness, grit and size for our third line center.