View Single Post
Old
01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
smnhppu

vCash: 500
I don't understand this fascination with trading away players. A few years back, our downfall was our lack of depth; we'd lose a player and the season was scrapped. Now, Koivu went down in the beginning of the season and Ribeiro and Perreault stepped up. Kilger won't step up... Dagenais and Bulis step it up. When Zed doesn't produce Dags does. Same on D: Bouillon and Komi both stepped up when Markoz went down.

Our depth is a major strength, and I think all the players are happy with the roles they're given, why trade 2 players for one when both have strong impacts.

I, unlike many people, think Perreault will be staying here into next season. I think he enjoys the role he plays here, and when a player from our first 2 lines has gone down, he's been up to the task. He's a role player who can be used to fill gaps when needed, supplies an adequate scoring threat on our second PP and will win key faceoffs.

As for Bulis, his value is extremely high, it's been mentionned many times in this thread, but the return on any trade including him would have to be very, very high.