View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 11:26 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
How about the set play where I hang out at the red line waiting for my dman to get the puck and pass through 3 opposing players to spring me for the breakaway?

Seriously though, after playing as a plug on the wing on a top div team for the last few years, this season I'm playing as a dman on a beginners team. I've always known how you're supposed to line up off the faceoff, but if I'm on the goal line position and the faceoff is won back to me I suddenly realize that I really don't know what to do with the puck here. I'm at a disadvantage to firing it up the boards, my forwards likely aren't open, and I have 1-2 seconds before I have a forechecker on me. Recently I've decided to just take a second and if I don't see an immediate pass just flip it high up the middle past the blueline... though now that I think about it I could just slap it down the boards the other direction to get an icing and let my partner have to worry about it

And as for conditioning for hockey? I hate jogging so instead I've taking up playing soccer once a week, it's really helped improve my hockey conditioning!

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote