Thread: Player Discussion: Changing the team Culture
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
Hey guys, outsider here but with a fascination on what's going on in Edmonton and the Oilers. Here's my take for whatever it's worth:

Katz is not the problem at all but for sure the solution lies with him. Guys like Katz absolutely understands bad management but he's given Lowe and company all the chances in the world because, well, he's a fan and he couldn't disrespect Oiler legends.

Katz's problem is that he probably doesn't have big hockey contacts or really knows who to hire to right the ship. My guess is that he meets with Bettman and asks if he can help put him in contact with some good hockey minds to help him do it right. Bettman himself might not know but he could assign some resources to help Katz. It would be a good move, it would be kept silent and Katz could get some good names to review. It might take a bit of time but he could refresh everything. It has to happen.
You're exactly right, nice assessment. There's too much pride in the Oilers org though, I can't see Katz asking Bettman for help. Bettman would do it though, the Oilers $ keeps crap organizations alive and Bettman needs us to succeed.